Entercom KC has immediate openings for internships for our Digital Department. We are hiring qualified candidates for all semesters.
DIGITAL WEB DESIGN INTERN:
Assist in graphic design, web design and uploading content to station websites. Will work in conjunction with lead designers and developers to design and create digital sales and promotional assets. Basic requirements include experience shooting video and editing, familiarity with mobile applications, websites and streaming products, social media, email marketing and database activity. Self-driven, motivated and disciplined with the ability to work in a fast paced, fun environment, and able to meet deadlines. Must be familiar with Adobe Creative Suite and proficient on both a Mac and PC. Specifically, Adobe Dreamweaver, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premiere, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Sound booth or Audition and Adobe Flash. Knowledge of Content Management Systems like Word Press, Drupal, and Vortal is a plus, but not necessary. Must know basic HTML.
This is an excellent opportunity for students who want to get real world experience promoting a variety of radio stations which include: KRBZ 96.5 The Buzz, KQRC 98.9 The Rock, NewsRadio 980 KMBZ, 610 Sports Radio KCSP, WDAF 106.5 WOLF, and KZPT 99.7.
The KRBZ 96.5 The Buzz Promotions Department is looking for enthusiastic over-achievers who are interested in learning about the inner workings of radio in a fast paced environment.
Candidates should be at least 18 years of age, enrolled in a college or University program for specific purpose of gaining a degree and have reliable transportation.
This is an unpaid internship and must be for college credit. We advise you to speak with your university's internship advisor for additional information to make sure you are currently eligible.
The purpose of this internship is to allow students to learn about every aspect of the internal workings of a top-market radio station. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assisting the Marketing staff with daily activities
- Acting as a representative of the station in direct communication with listeners
- Providing customer service and trouble-shooting listener problems
- Fulfillment of prizes for on-air, on-line and on-site contests
- Assisting in executing, attending and representing the station at on-site events
- Coordination of on-air, on-line and on-site contests
- Recap-ing promotional events
- Assisting in maintenance / updating of station website
- Researching different concerts and event programs around the country
- Helping to prospect leads for our events
- Assisting in preparation of sales presentations, proposals and program recaps
- Assisting in research of potential clients
- Assisting in coordination of Street Team appearances
- Assisting with copy writing, spec spots, etc.
- Special projects for the Sales, Marketing / Promotions and Programming Departments as needed
- Students are encouraged to take initiative in generating special projects in areas of particular interest.
We want this to be a learning experience in which students feel free to explore their interests and develop their skills to their fullest potential. For further information or to speak with someone in the Promotions department, call us at 913-744-3600 to reach the Front Desk.